In the previous post I have explained the basic features of Kaizala and its configuration. Now let us look at Kaizala on how we can integrate Kaizala with various business applications. Kaizala provides bunch of APIs for the integration. Before we jump on usage of APIs, we need to first create a connector which would be passed to these APIs for the connection.
Let us see how to create connector. Steps to follow are as mentioned below
- Click on Kaizala App in Office 365, and Sign in with office 365 credentials
- Once you sign in, you would be able to see the Kaizala related menu on the left hand side. The menu is very similar to Office 365.
- Click on Connectors and add new connectors
- Enter the details and provide required permissions
- Once the connector is added, this step would give you the connector ID and Connection Secrete which is required in further development while accessing the Kaizala APIs
- With this ready connector, we can generate access token and start using the Kaizala APIs
- You need to copy the access token and save it for further reference
- Steps to generate access token as mentioned in below screen shot
In next post I will explain how to use the access token and connect to Kaizala through APIs.
Happy reading and connecting 🙂
Continue reading “Kaizala – How to integrate with business applications?”
In previous post we have seen how to do the initial setup for Kaizala.
Now let us see how to do initial configuration and look at various features provided by Kaizala.
To start using Kaizala, you need to first download the Kaizala app from play store or App store. The Admin of the Kaizala can use the Kaizala management portal. Once you login to the portal, its home page will look like as mentioned in the below screenshot.
User can use the left side menu and perform various configuration such as managing the users, managing groups, managing actions, creating connectors, view reports and settings etc as mentioned in bellow screenshot.
Using Kaizala, we can create public /work Groups, perform various actions along with the basic chat functionality.
Actions which can be configured are as mentioned below
- Announcements – Make key announcements or share updates
- Attendance-Mark attendance with location and photo
- Checklist– Create to-do lists and capture everyone’s individual status
- CHESS– play a game of Chess
- Assign jobs– Assign jobs to the people and track the completion status
- Lets Meet-Invite people to meetings and confirm their availability
- Live location -Request live location and help people to find their way
- Photo with location-Share picture with your current location
- Quick Poll-Ask question and get people’s opinion
- Request Location-Request people to share their location
- Share Location-Share your location with people
- Submit Bill– Submit your bill and expenses
- Survey-Add a series of questions and get people’s opinion
- Tic Tac Tow(Preview)– Enjoy this classic game with your friends
- Training-Publish trainings for your teams and track completion status
Managing Groups , adding users is very intuitive and I am not going to go in those details, You can just try and should be able to do it. In case of any questions please leave your comments here and I would try to respond with best of my knowledge.
As technical people, we need understand how we can integrate Kaizala with various business applications so that we can improve productivity within the organisation.
Kaizala provides good amount of RESTful APIs for integration. Let us see how to use those in my next blog.